FIRST MEETING - NOVEMBER 2018
The crew met for the first time this month!
- We discussed our role as the online safety crew and talked about how important our role is.
- We appointed everyone as class representatives. The class representative will then pass any messages on to their classes.
- We decided to change our display board so we decorated lettering and drew ourselves to be placed on the board. We also made badges for ourselves so everyone know who we are in school.
- As our role as class representatives, we checked that each class still have their online safety posters in their rooms and if not we can help to sort out a new copy.
- We thought about other jobs to do in the next few meetings.
MEETING FEBRUARY 2019
In this meeting we discussed what we like to do on the Internet. We made posters about the things we like to do which can be seen on our display when you walk into school. We also talked about what we thought was important for the children at Ridgeway when using computers or technology. We looked at a list of rules and decided which ones would be the best for us. We were able to sort out the rules that would help us and wouldn't help us well! We completed the rules sheet and made sure we delivered them to the classes to have in their classrooms as well.
MEETING APRIL 2019
In this meeting we quickly recapped what we like to do on the Internet as this was important for our meeting. A lot of members said they like to play games which became our focus of the meeting. We talked about the good things about playing games, the bad things and then any advice we could give. We even talked about checking the age ratings on games and playing games that were appropriate for us! We decided to look at our school iPads and games we have on there. The members all had a go at a couple of games and then chose a game they would like to recommend to others in the school. They all filled in a game recommendation sheet which can be found on our display.